Institute of Advanced Technologies and Sustainable Development (IAS Murska Sobota) is a non-profit organization located in Technology park Murska Sobota, North-eastern part of Slovenia, bordering to Austria, Hungary and Croatia. The Institute was established in 2011 as Institute of Advanced Technologies and Communications (INTK Murska Sobota) with a clear goal to establish a cooperation platform for development oriented institutions in the region and was re-structured into IAS MURSKA SOBOTA in 2016 by extending the scope of work to agriculture and rural development.
IAS Murska Sobota conducts research, development, training, deployment, consulting and other non-profit activities, which aim to increase or achieve the highest excellence in the development of new products, services and technologies with high added value in the field of advanced information-communication technologies, tourism and sustainable development.
As a member of Technology Park, IAS Murska Sobota strives to establish an international ”Eco System” of companies and institutions which will be able to challenge the global competitiveness in the area of Sustainable development.
To become internationally recognised platform for innovative and development oriented companies and institutions.
The mission of IAS Murska Sobota is to utilize its organizational, communication, project management and technological knowledge and skills and turn this into competitive advantage for its network of institutions. The development strategy is focused into creating an ”Eco System” that will allow expanding specific areas of sustainable development and producing new skills necessary to achieve the goal – improving the innovation capacity and identification of new opportunities in the field of ICT, tourism and other fields of sustainable development.
IAS Murska Sobota is based on establishing cooperation and further developing its network of institutions by:
- Utilizing new ideas and development potential by establishing, administrating and implementing new projects through variety of national and international funding programmes
- Providing highly advanced organizational and technical support to innovative companies and research groups
- Promoting cooperation of companies and research institutions through joint research and development activities
- Promoting concentration of the specific knowledge around Institute, which constitute a basis for strengthening human resources development in the area of sustainable development
- Promoting network’s high technological potential in the region
- Promoting network’s research and development activities in the region’s businesses